Pages

August 24, 2017

Lovebirds 1




“We talked for hours on our first date. He was a Civil War buff, loved horses, and knew a lot about wine. In fact, he had a broad knowledge--

“A knowledge of broads!”

“Oh, Ronnie!”

“Just kidding. But I did go with a lot of ladies. You know, I even had a short fling with Marilyn Monroe.”

“He brings that up all the time.”

“Doris Day, Susan Hayward, Betty Grable, Lana Turner--

“Ronnie, this interview is for a family magazine--

“You wanna talk family? I dated both Joan and Gloria Blondell--”

“No one wants to hear about other women.”

“Fine. Do you know that for years Errol Flynn kept trying to kiss me on the mouth…?”

“Anyway… On the day we got married I was pregnant with our daughter Patti. She was born seven months later.”

“Back then they called it a lust baby. We couldn't wait. Heck, you’ve still got that hot body, Mommy.”

“He’s not always like this!”

“All these punk-ola bands try to brand me as a stiff. Well, when I was back in Hollywood, there was only one thing stiff about me!

“Goodness, Ronnie!”

“You know... I once had a little something with Marilyn Monroe….”


No comments:

Post a Comment