Pages

September 1, 2017

Jamming



"Merle, it sure is a crazy coincidence that you were in the audience at one of my San Quentin concerts."

"You might say I was a captive audience, Johnny."

"Well now, I thank you for not tunnelin' out! Haha! You coulda tunneled out just like that little fella in The Great Escape; what was his name?"

"Steve McQueen?"

"Nah, the little Scottish fella.... What the hell was his name...?"

"I dunno, Johnny. Hey, how 'bout we sing that Jimmie Rogers medley...?" 

"June! What was that little Scottish fella's name in The Great Escape...? Nah, not him--the Scottish fella!"

"We could sing somethin' else if you want?"

"He gets shot at the fence, June! You know, after the Nazis find the tunnel named Tom...."

"What about a rendition of Sing Me Back Home, Johnny?"

"Just a minute, Merle. It'll come to me. I can see the little dude's face... Red-headed... Face kinda like a ferret...."

"Why don't I kick it off, and you join in whenever you're ready, okay...? Johnny...?"

"Had a nose sorta rodent-like...."

"Uhh, okay.... Here we go... ðŸŽ¶ The warden led a prisoner down the hallway to his doom... ðŸŽ¶ And I stood up to say good--"

"Ives!"


No comments:

Post a Comment