Pages

September 5, 2017

Jamming 3




"Let's run through Moment's Notice again, Lee. I wanna get it right."


"Can I take another shot at the solo on Locomotion?"

"Hell no, I love what you did with that bent-ass horn."

"Hehe. Dizzy gave me this."

"You coming to the Five Spot later? Monk would love to see you...."

"I can't."

"You at Slugs' tonight...?"

"Nah."

"Where you at then?"

"I'm home. Have Gun--Will Travel is on."

"What the hell is Have Gun--Will Travel?"

"It's a new western, premiered last night. I'm already hooked. There's an encore presentation tonight."

"C'mon, Lee. Art's gonna be there. He's been talkin' about you joining the Messengers. You're practically in. Just gotta show your face--"

"Have Gun--Will Travel is on at nine-thirty. I'll swing by afterward, maybe around eleven."

"You serious...?"

Paladin--that's the cat's name--carries a forty-five caliber revolver in a leather holster with a silver chess knight symbol on it. Dresses all in black, real clean--"

"Sounds pretty cool, but--"

"He hands out these badass business cards--and check out the theme song--"

"I don't need to hear--"

🎶 "Have Gun Will Travel reads the card of a man, 

     a knight without armor in a savage land. 
     His fast gun for hire heeds the calling wind. 
     A soldier of fortune is the man called Paladin...." 🎶

"What time you say it was on?"



No comments:

Post a Comment